Projects

I love all things that etch my children's childhoods in my mind forever.  These days are so, so awesome, but I am also functioning on little sleep (Levi, anytime you'd like to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time, I would be so thankful)....so I know I will not remember it all.  Hence why I blog :).  I just printed off my blog (I do this yearly), and it is quite an investment....but it is so worth it.

I saw the "take with you" growth chart (that I think is a Pottery Barn knock off) on Pinterest and knew I had to make it!  I love recording kids' heights, and the fact you can take it with you if you move sold me!  I know so many people who have recorded heights in a spot, only to have to move one day and lose the record!

I am not very crafty, so I was happy it turned out.  I love dark wood, so that's why I stained it dark....but it is actually too dark.  You can see the heights, but it is hard to read.  So from a distance, it just looks like a random board on my wall.  Oh well! Photobucket

 The upclose shot. I freehanded it all:
Photobucket

But you can see how it is not super easy to read.  One day, I may redo it with lighter wood....but for now, it serves it's purpose :)


Before having Levi, I had canvas prints made of the 3 kids I did have.  I knew I wanted to add his picture to the collection, but I had to wait until he could sit up....to be able to take his picture outside and coordinate the photos.  Here is the end result:

Photobucket

Levi's isn't as bright as the glare of the flash would make you believe.  You may notice these are the same pictures used on my homepage!  I am not sure if I will keep these forever, or update as they grow.  But they're in our living room....and I love how it is tasteful decor that communicates how much we value our children.  I actually mentioned to Brett I may move them to the homeschool room, and he was the one who said how he loved them being in the center of our home.  How sweet :).

(The ties of the bows look better in person, but now that I see them, I may try to make them a little bit cuter).

I got these at artscow.com which is like super low prices for canvases.  They are good quality, though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ