Checking In

We just got internet on Friday, but I've had family in town since....so I am just now able to update. I have to leave in a few minutes to pick up Brett from the airport (he's been gone 9 days; I am a little antsy for his flight to land!!).

I absolutely love my house! I've been working my butt off for three weeks, but we are mostly settled. I will post pictures as soon as I work up the energy to take some :). I actually really enjoy settling into a new home, so while it is tiring, I actually have fun doing it!

I don't have much time to post, but I have some stories to share. Most will have to wait until I have a little more time!

I'll start with this....

In Kansas, my neighbors were so amazing! We hung out with them a lot and enjoyed when our kids played together, and I've really missed that neighborhood feel (at our rental house, I had one really great neighbor, but I only met two other neighbors, both of which who were not too keen on kids). In looking for a house, a good, friendly neighborhood was very important to me. The only problem is that you really can't tell that from looking at a place. But God knows the desires of my heart! We hit the jackpot when it comes to great neighbors! Literally every single family on our street has come over to introduce themselves. We've received yummy treats and a VERY warm welcome from everyone. The former owners told us they're all very nice, but I did not realize that that was a huge understatement. I have only lived here a week and already love all of the neighbors! They, of course, don't replace my neighbors in Kansas, but I am thankful to be in a fun, family-friendly neighborhood again!!

I have a few more stories, but I need to leave to go see my man!!! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. You've been busy and doing the single mom thing!
    You have been working hard! I keep checking to see pics of your home since you moved in. I'm sure it looks great. Can't wait to see it. I'm glad you hit the neighbor jackpot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6