Moving

This is not a riveting post. Just a moving update.

I love my new house.

Brett and I spent Thursday and Friday painting. I think I said, "Thank you so much, Jesus, for this house" probably 100 times.

The last four days have been a lot of work (and we still have a lot of stuff to do), but I am so thankful for my home.

We are done painting. There are two rooms that we are contracting out because they're too difficult for us to do. Those are not done yet, but the rest of the rooms are! I absolutely love the way it all turned out. Once we're settled in, I will take pictures. I took a few, but without furniture, its not that interesting.

Brett's parents took our kids for the week, which was a huge help. We got SO much done without them. But, wow, I am tired!

Each time we go to the house, we take two carloads of boxes. Since our lease isn't up on our house until the end of the month, we're moving over slowly. We are hiring movers for the furniture, but to save money, we are moving the boxes ourselves.

Living between two houses is weird. For instance, we have church in the morning, but I left my make-up and hair dryer at my new house. Brett and I went on a date while our kids were gone. We worked all day for four days, so it was a nice treat :).

Until our pool fence gets put in, we are staying at our old house! Our kids are NOT happy about that, but we want to be safe. Also, we are getting our carpets cleaned because the previous owners had a cat. The house is really clean, but just to be certain, we are getting them cleaned before the furniture gets there.

I am so ready to be settled. I absolutely love my new house, and it will be so wonderful to be totally moved in!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6