Random Thoughts....

I am leaving tomorrow for a girls trip!!! I am so excited. I want to get my house clean before I go (I know it will get wrecked by the time I leave, but I want to bless my husband by starting out with clean floors and counters!). I am tired, so I am taking a little break before I start! I also need to pack.

I have come to a crossroads in my house decorating. I love simple, clean, organized. On a typical day, my house is anything but, yet I still yearn for that. In doing so, though, my walls are fairly bare. I have stuff hanging up, but this house has way more wall space than I've ever had, so unless I buy a lot of stuff, the walls are pretty empty. While it does look less cluttered, I also find that my house feels less cozy. I am not sure what I want to do differently, but I want to add a cozy feel somehow.

We have some long term plans to update our house....new flooring, crown molding, new kitchen....but those are very long term. I do think wood floors will help tremendously, so maybe in 5-6 years, we will be able to do that!

I enjoy daydreaming about my house. I am totally content with it and am so thankful to have a home....but I also love home projects, so I have fun thinking about them!

Our bathrooms are also dated, but (besides the counter and cabinets), I really like them. The cabinet hardware is kinda vintage-y. And I really like the tile. The kids' tub is a yellow-ish color, but I actually like not having a white tub. White looks better, but its harder to clean! Plus, their tub is porcelain, which is more expensive than plastic. The bathrooms will be the last thing we update.

I really hope we live in this house for a very long time. As far as ministry goes, we have a very long term plan for here (and feel God put that in our hearts)....so I am hoping that means we get to stay here long term. I will follow God wherever He leads, but I am hoping His will is for us to stay here for awhile!

Anyway, this is a random post....I am just trying to rest a bit....but its time to go clean!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6