Update!

I have neglected my blog for far too long.
This summer was.....weird.
I don't even know where it went.
It was so, so busy....yet I can't recall accomplishing much.
I guess that's a sign of a good summer.
Nothing major happened.  But we had lots of fun.

We celebrated the first anniversary of our business.  While we still have a long way to go, we are pleased to actually be making it!  We are hopeful for lots of growth this year.

Our kids are doing awesome.  They're 2, 4, 6, and 8.  They make us laugh all of the time.  They're all just getting funnier and more fun with age.

I am enjoying this stage of life.  I feel like the fog of babymaking and babyhaving has lifted. I seriously look through pictures of the last 8 years and cannot believe how fast it has flown by.  But I also realize how much of a brain fog I was in.  I can look at pictures and just remember being so oblivious to so much of life.  That's just that stage of life, but I am kinda happy to be moving on from it.
I know each stage presents its challenges, but pregnancy was just SO HARD for me that I did not always feel present.  I now am fully present in life, and I love it.

Brett and I are doing well.  We're close to hitting the 10 year anniversary mark, which is WILD.  Ten years seems like a really long time, but it has passed in the blink of an eye.  A lot has happened in those ten years---cross country moves (FL to KS to FL), job changes (NFL, ministry, small business owners), lots of children---and I can honestly say we are more in love and happier now than ever!  I am so thankful for that gift.
The business has forced us to navigate a new normal, but it has made Brett come alive (this is so his thing).....and we are all benefitting from the love he has!
We all love how it has planted us in our community and given us such wonderful friendships.

We started school today, and I am VERY ready for a normal routine.  While the summer was much needed and super fun, I am ready for the normalcy Fall brings.  It's an unusual season for us, as I felt led by God to lay aside most every commitment we've had in the past.  Caleb and Chloe are each playing a sport (through Upward sports, so it's not much commitment).  Other than that, we are not really doing much.  Every time I try to add to our schedule, God says, "no".  So I am very interested to see what's in store for us.
Initially, I thought maybe I just need to be more available to my family, but the more I pray, the more I feel like God has something big in store.  I have zero clue what it could be.  But historically, anytime God has led me to cut big things out of my life, it's because He has something major on the horizon.
I love to keep a very full social calendar, so this is very weird for me to not have really anything planned.
I could be very off....there could be nothing coming....but it's just unusual to feel so strongly about keeping an open schedule.

So we shall see!  I've also been realizing lately that nothing is insignificant, so what God has in store could be so small on the world's scale, yet a big deal to us!  I don't have a ton to give beyond my family's needs, so I can't imagine it's anything too major.

Anyway, that's where I am at in life.  I am glad to be up-to-date on my blog and finally getting back to normal life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ