Random Dozen

I think these Random Dozens from The Lid are so fun!


1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
There is a cheesy steak dish I love from Cactus Grill (which I now live 1500 miles from), but I cannot remember the name. Oh, it is so delish! I also LOVE chips and salsa!

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
This is my nerdiness: school came easy to me, so I actually would do my work while the teacher was teaching. Sometimes I would do the wrong math problems or something, but typically I could guess the assignment. In high school, I did my homework during my blow off classes. So I rarely had homework. BUT, if I did, I would have never procrastinated. I am a "get the hard stuff out of the way" type of girl.

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
Hmmm, probably a local place in my hometown called Wheeler's. For decor, I typically shop at Home Goods, though only because its within my budget, not because its my favorite (if I had loads of cash to spend).

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
No. I did think having a lunch ticket was really cool, so I tried it for a week. It was not my favorite. My junior high and high school had some good options, but I still typically brought my lunch.

5. Is religion a crutch?
If you mean I rely on Jesus for love, hope, joy, peace, etc....then yes! If you mean the negative connotation to "being religious" (not having a real relationship with God but being really judgmental), I do not like that!

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
Football. Nothing else comes close!

7. Do you consider yourself rich?
Yes. I have an amazing life: a Lord who cherishes me, a husband who loves me, children who bless me, friends who encourage me, and extended family who are great. For that, I am rich beyond belief.

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
CPR, though I hope never to do any of those!

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing
I would prefer to start with rhythm. I can't dance. At all. So I'd start there :)

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
I once had to share with a friend that two of our other friends had been killed in a car accident. Horrible.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
I think EVERYTHING I learned in college had nothing to do with academics. I could not even begin to list everything, but one thing that sticks out is that I learned to have a backbone. Truthfully, I probably learned it afterward, but it's because I got run over a lot in college....so I got a bit tougher!

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
I don't have a song stuck right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6