A Date With My Daughter

Yesterday, Chloe had her 3 year old pictures taken. I go to JC Penney's near each of my kids' birthdays to commemorate the year. They're not top quality, but they're inexpensive.

As a parent, I am realizing that my parents are getting the last laugh in my upbringing. You see, to say I was a stubborn child would be a vast understatement. As a 3 year old, I once went three weeks without talking to my Dad. THREE WHOLE WEEKS. That takes dedication! Another time, my parents took me to get school pictures taken at my older siblings' school (I was still in preschool). I would not smile. For anything. And believe me, they offered: money, toys, etc. Though I am sure my parents were frustrated at the time, the picture is actually so funny now.

So, fast forward to yesterday. The photographer was trying, in vain, to get Chloe to smile. Knowing myself at her age, I knew there was no way she was going to succeed, unless Chloe changed her mind. She never did change her mind, though, a few times she would turn her head to look at me....and smile....so there are some cute profile shots. I am sure I will laugh at them in years to come (while my parents get to laugh at me now).

Once done with pictures, Chloe and I went out to lunch together!! Just us two. Brett takes our kids on "Daddy Adventures" (one-on-one time with just him) often, but I am not as good about "Mommy Adventures".
Since we were at the mall, I planned to eat at the food court, but after thinking about it for a millisecond, I decided I would much rather be waited on. I am typically the one serving everyone else, so it was such a delight to go to a nice restaurant with my beautiful daughter.

And because there are no rules 0n Mommy Adventures, Chloe had ice cream for lunch!

Photobucket

And I had lunch with the sweetest girl on the planet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6