Christmas Eve

I love Christmas Eve. The anticipation of Christmas is in the air, and it is just a fun time to enjoy family.

A special gift was under the tree when my kids woke up on Christmas Eve day...
Photobucket

This box contained a book of reindeer games, a mug and plate for cookies/hot chocolate for Santa, and Twas The Night Before Christmas poem.


Photobucket
(This was on Christmas Day...after cookies had been eaten!)

Photobucket
Caleb asked me to write this note!

Christmas Eve day was low key. We baked cookies and prepared the food for dinner.

That evening, we ate a delicious dinner of appetizers. Yummy!

While the kids are in the bath, a gift appears under the tree for them. They come downstairs and open matching pajamas.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Luke was very tired!

Photobucket

After putting on their pajamas, Luke went to sleep, and the rest of us watched The Polar Express. As a child, I used to fall asleep to The Polar Express story on a cassette tape every night, all year long. To say I love this story is an understatement. I love winter, and it captures the the magic of Christmas so well.

Caleb and Chloe loved the movie. At the end, Caleb said he was hoping for a bell, just like the one the boy gets in the story. Fortunately, we actually had the bell because Brett got it for me our first Christmas together. Caleb was so happy when he found it in his stocking....and just like the story, it was the last gift he opened that morning. Precious. He sort of doubts Santa (already!), so this helped bring back the magic!

After the movie, Grammy and Pappy (Brett's parents) arrived. Kids went to bed...and actually fell asleep quite fast! And Santa came...
Photobucket

Comments

  1. What a wonderful Christmas Eve! The kids are too cute and I love how excited they were for pajamas! Hey I still get excited for pajamas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome!!!! I loved getting updated on your posts. Sounds like a super fun day. I'll have to look up the Tres Leche cake...sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6