Zero

I am busy getting things ready before my surgery tomorrow. I will be out of commission for a few days, then I have to do minimal activity for two weeks. So I am trying to get my house put together as much as possible, before I can't do much.

But I did not want my last blog post for awhile to be about Luke's ordeal. Thank you to all who prayed for him. Besides our parents and a few friends who live close by that helped during the ordeal, we did not really tell anyone....because, honestly, I did not want to relive the experience. But thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers!!! He is doing much better. And so am I.

Anyway, I want my most recent post to be more reflective of my every day life...which is awesome and blessed!!

So, lately, Caleb and Chloe have taken to fighting a lot more. Their fights are actually quite entertaining. One of their biggest triggers is calling each other zero. One will say to the other, "You're zero," which happens to be the ultimate insult, apparently. It is basically saying "you're a baby".

Which reminds me of a time in preschool when I called a boy "baby". This is probably my most vivid early memory. I had older siblings, and I had heard them lovingly refer to someone as "baby". I had a crush on a boy in my class (I was born boy crazy). One day, I walked by him and said, "Hey, baby!" I meant it as an endearing thing, but he took it as negative and cried. He told the teacher, who said, "Well, you are crying like a baby!" I can't believe the teacher said that, but she really liked me (she told my mom that years later)! So she was just defending me! How funny that I remember that!!

Anyway, back to my kids, I laugh so hard when they get SO MAD when the other calls them zero. I have a hard time taking them seriously.


A few days ago, for some reason, I was really really frustrated with my kids and reacted poorly to Caleb. It was not one of my better moments, so I was quick to apologize.

After my apology, Caleb, my sweet boy, said, "It's ok, Mom. We all make mistakes."

Oh my. Melt my heart. Aren't children amazing?!

Well, my blog might be quiet for awhile, as I recover. Or, I might be so bored that I post often. I do have to stay in bed for two days. On a usual day, it sounds so glorious to not do anything for two days, but I am so NOT excited about my surgery :(.

You all are amazing!! Thanks for being so kind to me!!

Comments

  1. Sarah! Do you need a meal? I would be happy to help in ANY way!!! I love you, friend. Praying for you and for Luke. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6