A Cool Experience

Today, as I was waking up, I was praying and asked God to renew my joy in mothering. I love being a mom, and I adore my kids (in case you haven't noticed)....but I feel like I've been in bit of a rut. It has gotten really hot here, and I don't love the hot heat (ironic, I know!). Plus, we've been busy, so I haven't been sleeping a lot.

Nothing is wrong, but I have just been in a rut. So today, I just prayed for God to give me joy!

At the store today, I was waiting in line to check out. A Jewish man came up to me, looked at Luke, and said "He is going to be a wealthy man! Look how cute he is; he's going to be wealthy."

Then he looked at me and said, "Never lose your joy in being a mom. It's the greatest thing you'll ever do."

He then looked at Chloe and said, "She is a queen. A true beauty queen."

He shared about his upbringing with me, and throughout the conversation he spoke of joy many times: "Always be a joyful mom"..."Your kids should always bring you joy".

The man also said, "It may seem hard now, raising these little ones, but just remember the joy it will be when they give you awesome grandkids."

He ended by saying, "You're a really good mom. Because of that, you won't have to worry in your old age because your children will always take care of you."


I kind of wondered if he was an angel. Not kidding. It was the exact thing I needed to hear right then! It was surprising to me that a man would be so vocal about how amazing children are.

I was blown away by the goodness of God to bring an unlikely person to completely encourage me and bless my day! I am still smiling.

And guess what....I've been joyful all day!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ