The Best Mother's Day EVER

This year, I had absolutely the best Mother's Day ever!!

On Friday night, my BFF (Ty) and I headed to my parents' house in the Keys. Our plan was to stay for the night, but once we got down there, we opted to stay an extra night (our husbands ROCK!).

We arrived late Friday night, after a quick stop for treats at McDonald's.
We sat in the hot tub for like 2 hours and talked (what Ty and I do best!).

Saturday, we barely moved. After a lazy morning, we grabbed Subway for lunch. Then, we literally laid on the basement couch for like 5 hours. It was GLORIOUS!! We watched Twilight....it took us 4 hours to get through it because we'd pause to talk.

We've never had the much uninterrupted talking time, and it was so much fun. We've been friends since 2002, yet our friendship still went deeper!

That night, we went out to dinner....at 8:00....when I am normally home for the night because my kids go to bed. It was so fun to be out late without a care! Our dinner was at Morado Bay. We ate outside on the beach. The weather was perfect. Our waiter was hilarious and convinced me to try ceviche (so good!).

We enjoyed the hot tub again, then went to bed. The next morning, we woke up, lazed around, then drove home!

The weekend away was absolutely the best!! We had a blast, and it was so refreshing. Each of us had had hard weeks leading up to it (long story, but the devil is mean), so it was so nice to get away for a few days.

When I arrived home, the house was CLEAN.....we are talking mopped floors, toys put away, etc....Brett knows what blesses me :). A dozen roses were waiting on the kitchen counter....with a gift certificate to a spa!

Talk about blessed. My cup was overflowing!! I was so refreshed and SO excited to be a mom again!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the most amazing man in the world...Brett, you rock! Thanks for blessing me so much!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ