Caleb

Caleb is an awesome son. I can't even explain the joy he brings to my life. He is an easy kid. On his worst days, he's not that hard. I feel very fortunate to have him as my son.

He just completed a 9 week baseball class. I will post pictures soon, but he is so proud of his medal. He hasn't taken it off in two days, except to bathe and sleep. I love his pride in his accomplishment! He is so stinkin' cute! We were too late to sign up for t-ball, so he took this class instead. It was such a great experience. There were only 4 kids in his class, so he was able to learn his skills really well.

Yesterday, Caleb did something well. I praised him, and he said, "It's all because of teamwork. Actually, just me work. I did it alone."
Teamwork is something I encourage often, so this made me laugh!

Caleb is getting to an age where I am starting to see the fruits of our labor. He is becoming such a great little boy. Today, after naps, he asked me to come see his room. He had cleaned his entire room (which entails shoving stuff under the bed, dresser, and in the closet...cute!) and made his bunk beds. He was so proud of himself. I loved watching him work hard for something he knows makes me happy!
I don't actually make my kids chores very much. They do a few things here and there. I don't want to correct their efforts, so until they're able to do something good enough for me to live with it, I don't make them do it.

Caleb is super excited to start school. My sister gave me a bunch of workbooks, and Caleb is so proud he is working on a first grade workbook! I think teaching him will go pretty well because he has such a hunger to learn.

I hate that my kids' childhoods are flying by, but I love watching them grow and develop. Caleb is so wonderful. He is all boy. He plays weapons a lot. He loves sports: baseball is his favorite!
The cutest thing he does is carry tons of stuff in his pockets. He prefers shorts with pockets because he stuffs them full of toys. Watching him unload his pockets at the end of the day is hilarious!!

My boy is the best! Such a great pace setter for our family. I am so thankful for him. He is a huge blessing to me!!

That boy is going to do great things in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ