As I was making lunch today, more of my food weirdnesses came to mind. I know everyone has their different tastes, and honestly, that fascinates me! I love God's creativity....that He thinks about every little detail when making people unique.
Here are my food quirks:
- Ever since I got pregnant with Luke, I cannot stand ketchup. I used to love it, and now it completely grosses me out.
- I never liked desserts until I was pregnant with Caleb. Now I eat them far too often.
- I love Diet Coke, but when I eat Chinese/Japanese food, I always drink water.
- I don't add butter to anything. I can eat it in things but don't prefer it on things.
- I can only eat mayo and lunch meat if I don't have to put it on my sandwich (isn't that weird)
- I eat just peanut butter sandwiches. No jelly. Brett thinks this is so weird. But he dips his grilled cheese in ketchup, so what does he know? ;)
- I think I am thirstier than most people. I drink a ton of water and always have to have a glass of water with me.
- I don't like tomatoes or olives.
- I could eat sushi and pizza every day of my life.
- I prefer thin french fries to thick ones.
- I have never liked milk.
- Braces made me weird about how I eat food (anyone else??). I do not like to bite into sandwiches/corn on the cob/etc. I prefer to tear sandwiches into bite-size pieces, but if it's too difficult, I will just eat it normally. With corn on the cob, I cut it off the cob.
- I eat really fast, but I drink slowly.
- I always save my best bite for last. Usually, I will set it to the side to save for my last bite. I can't count the number of times someone will grab it off my plate and say, "Oh, you're not going to eat that?" so fast I can't stop them. When I write that down, it sounds like really bad manners, but in the moment, its sort of a natural thing. Maybe its because I come from a big family, and we always tried each other's food??
Believe it or not, this is one of the first things I told Brett when we started dating. I said, "Just so you know, I always set my best bite aside to eat last, so please don't grab it off my plate."
I am surprised he continued to date me.
Now 7 years later, if he wants a bite of my food, he will ask, "Is this best bite?"
When I offer him food, he can recognize if its my best bite or not. Sometimes, I give him my best bite just because I love him!
This is the most random post, but I was making my kids PB&J's for lunch....totally repulsed by the jelly....and thought about everything else I eat!
What about you....what are some of your weird food habits??