Father's Day on Sunday

On Wednesday, I told the kids, "We need to go find a gift for Daddy for Father's Day on Sunday."

A few minutes later, Caleb said, "What am I doing with Dad on Sunday?"

I said, "Well, it's his day, so we'll see what he wants to do."

Caleb said, "But it's Sunday."

"I know it's Sunday, but it's Father's Day," I replied.

"But, it's Sunday, too," he responded.

"Yeah, so we.....Oh wait.....did you think I said 'son day'?"

When I said, "Father's Day on Sunday", Caleb thought I said, "Father and Son Day".

How cute is that??!!! I guess we could celebrate Father and Son Day, since he is the one who made Brett a dad :).

Happy Father's Day. So glad my man is not just a father, but he's a dad. An amazing, involved, fun dad. Our family is so, so blessed to have his as our leader and our hero. I am so grateful for his love and kindness towards our children. They are SO fortunate to be raised by Brett. He is a man among men, and truly one of the most honorable men on the planet. So, so, so thankful for my children's dad.

I also am so thankful for my own dad. He has always been so involved in my life and cares deeply for me. Growing up with him as a dad was and is a tremendous blessing. He, too, was involved and great! As I transitioned into married life, he released me well....while he still cares for me and loves me, he has let Brett become the man in my life: my protector, provider, and confidant. I truly appreciate how my dad did his job well then gave me away to Brett. My dad is still wonderful to me, but he has surrendered his place as my #1 man. He is so great!! I know in a generation of cruddy fathers, my dad has been a great anchor and man in my life. So, so thankful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ