Our New Home

It is not completely done yet, but here is our new house......

Coming in from the outside (a few different people have commented on how our door opens out, which I had not noticed....I guess most doors open into the house?)
Photobucket

Immediately to the left when you walk in the door is the formal living room (with our informal furniture because it fits better)
Photobucket

Another view of the room:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Continuing into the house is the family room:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The dining room is through the formal living room (and attached to the kitchen):
Photobucket

Walking through the family room, you walk into the kitchen:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The kitchen is a little cluttered because we're having a housewarming party tonight with our church friends....so I have more stuff on the counters than usual.

My view when doing the dishes....not bad, huh?
Photobucket

The pool outside (Brett is trimming palm trees in the background):
Photobucket
(excuse the messy table)

Photobucket

The hallway to the kids rooms (which I do not have pictures of yet because they were resting while I took the pictures):
Photobucket

Our bedroom is right off of the living room:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't be jealous that I have a gun cabinet in my bedroom, k?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our master bathroom:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Our kids bathroom:
Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids' playroom:
Photobucket

Chalkboard wall (that I just washed off):
Photobucket

Photobucket

(I will post pictures of their bedrooms soon)

I am so thankful for our new home! It truly is an amazing gift from God that I cannot thank Him enough for. I stay home with my kids and we have friends/family/students over to our house a lot, so having a home I love is really important to me. I am not a great decorator, but I do love to make a house a home.

This house is perfect for us....and definitely beyond my expectations. God, as always, completely blew us away with His provision.

This house was actually out of our price range, so it did not come up on searches we, or our real estate agent, would do. My mom found it and emailed me saying "I think this could be the one". I looked at the pictures and loved it....but then I saw the price. Living in South Florida, we already were paying way more than we prefer (and, truthfully, just blindly trusting God to make it work....real estate is expensive, so we really did not have a choice. We did feel a complete peace about buying a home, but it was still a huge leap of faith).

We viewed the house in person, and both Brett and I fell in love. It would be perfect for our family!

With "hope against hope", we made a low offer. A few negotiations back and forth, they gave their final offer....which was exactly what we were willing to pay (which is a whole other story of God's continued provision, but the party involved in that would like to remain anonymous).

Fast forward, the previous owners have kept in touch with us (to answer any questions we have about the house). Through a series of e-mails, they shared that they made a much lower counter offer than they anticipated because they felt like God told them to. What a huge blessing! I know God will repay their generosity. The previous owners actually deserve their own post, so I will write about them soon. In short, they're incredible people!

Back to the house.....we are so so so thankful for this house. It fits our family perfectly, and in the years to come, as our kids grow, it will be more than enough house for us. The only reason we'll ever have to move again is if God calls us somewhere else.

I love owning a home again! Home projects are a hobby of mine, so I have enjoyed getting to do that again! Even the typical negatives to home owning are a joy to me because I know God has blessed us tremendously with this house!

Thank you, Jesus, for your loving kindness in providing a home I love!

Comments

  1. What a great house! Love the testimony too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the new house pictures, you've done a wonderful job putting it all together. You've made this house a home! My front door opens out, too. I'm pretty sure it is a hurricane thing. I've thoroughly enjoyed your blog. God has gifted you with a voice through words...good job Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sarah! I love, love, love the colors you chose! The chalkboard looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

PLEASE READ

And Baby Makes 6