Conversation

I must admit that talking comes pretty easy to me! I enjoy talking with others, and spending long hours with the 5 and under crowd makes me hungry for conversation!

However, I know that conversation does not come easy for everyone.

Awhile back, I was reading this post and I loved the advice she gives! A great conversation starter for someone you don't know well is "What keeps you busy during the day?"

Asking this is a great way to invite the other person to open up about their life, but you avoid a potentially awkward conversation by asking about something that could be a sensitive subject (job loss, relational difficulty, etc).

Aside from that question, you could also think of a few other open-ended questions before your guests arrive to ask in case there's a lull in conversation!

Happy hosting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ