Just Do It

As I wrote a few days ago, hospitality has been a work in progress for me.

I have read a lot of books and observed friends' hospitality, but the best way to be hospitable is to just do it! Invite a friend over for dinner. You may be nervous. You may not know how to cook. Your house may be a disaster. Do not let those things hold you back! The joy of having others in your home far outweighs any reservations!

Call up a friend you've been wanting to get to know better and ask them over for dinner. If you're on a tight budget, ask if they can bring a part of the meal. (Though I could make the case that giving to others will always bring blessing back to you!)

Through the years I have learned that people are just so thankful to enjoy the company of another that they are not critical or rude. I have had some meals TOTALLY flop. One time, in particular, I messed up a meal and it was so embarrassing....but years later, it is still a funny joke among the friends we had over that day! Even then, our new friends (at the time; they've since become great friends) were so gracious and forgiving!

Over the next few weeks, I will give tips to make hospitality easier! But, to get you started, JUST DO IT! Call a friend and invite them over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6