School

Last night before bed, Caleb asked how many more days of school were left. We were only three days in and already he was losing interest.

The curriculum I have is a bit dry for the first week, but then it gets really fun (from what I can tell). So I know that will pick up in a few days. I realized that the book I got Caleb to learn to read was not interesting him at all. I actually had not thought about it until today when we were at the library. He picked out some books that are a series that a friend recommended to me. I had honestly forgotten about them, but when I saw them, it dawned on me that I could easily change up his reading books!

Caleb will go to Classical Conversations one day a week. His first day is tomorrow. He is super excited for his "real school", as he puts it! I actually sit with him in class so I learn what I need to review at home, while Luke and Chloe have their own little class. Everyone is really excited about it.

I also signed up for a once a week library story time. It must be pretty fun because they require advance sign ups. I love having free activities!

Lastly, both Caleb and Chloe start gymnastics next week. I only let them do one extra curricular activity at a time, and I was very excited when they both picked gymnastics! An indoor activity sounds glorious about now. They both love to do gymnastics around the house, so I am sure they'll enjoy their classes.

I had been in a rut the last few weeks of summer, but now that I have a more normal routine, I am finally feeling settled into our new life in the city we live in now!

While getting everything ready for the kids' school tomorrow (laying out clothes, planning lunches, etc), I couldn't help but wonder how moms do this everyday! It is exhausting, and I only do it once a week!

Well, I am off to finish some things...I just painted a planter we have in our foyer. I am happy with the results and can't wait for it to dry to put my plants back in! Yes, I, Sarah Williams, have real plants in my house! I googled "hardest plants to kill" and found some really fun plants that promise to survive even my black thumb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6