Today!

Last night, I went to the 10:20 showing of "The Help". Truth be told, it was really hard for me to watch. Watching the mistreatment of African American women is so painful. It is an embarrassment, quite frankly. I can't believe how ignorant people were (and still are). The movie was FANTASTIC! It was inspiring and beautiful.

I enjoy going to late movies every once in awhile, just to prove to myself I still can have fun :). I did not get to bed until about 2:30 am. Which made for a very short night.

After church, I wanted to nap. I fell asleep....for 15 minutes. Ugh! I couldn't sleep a minute more.

I am not sure if I am nesting (like a pregnant person but instead of being pregnant, school starts in a few days....so I somehow feel I have to have my house looking perfect by then?!), but all of a sudden, I was inspired to go some major housework.

My parents have a vacation home about 2 hours from us, so they keep a car at our house. We have a large garage, and I knew I could fit my car in, too....so I spent a few hours cleaning and organizing the garage. I have never had a better looking garage! And my car fits! YAY!!!

I love parking in the garage, but our rental house garage wasn't big enough to park in....so I have not parked in a garage since I lived in Kansas. I like having my car in the garage because I feel like its safer when we are loading up to leave the house. I like that my kids are not able to run into the street. It is especially wonderful to park in the garage when it's raining!! No getting soaked...yay! Also, when I come home late, it feels safer to unload in the garage.
Tonight, I cleaned and vacuumed my car....it was nice not to be nervous doing it after dark! There are just many reasons I am excited to fit my car in the garage, and wow, my garage looks so good!!

I also finally got our playrooom looking how I want it. I've rearranged it like 5 times before finding the best set-up. We will be doing school in that room, so I wanted it to not be chaotic feeling.

I moved around some random pieces of furniture (nothing major, just accent pieces). I have a bench that holds our shoes that I had in our mud room. I needed something in my foyer but didn't feel like spending money on it, so I moved it to the foyer. And I moved a storage piece (that has always been in Chloe's closet) to the mud room. The new piece actually fits there much better.

This is kinda weird of me.....in our previous two houses, we've had storage/organization problems. In Kansas, we had two big storage rooms, but there was no organization to them....so they were not very effective. Neither house had great closets. But our new house has great closet space, and the closets are well designed. I absolutely love them!
The weird part is that I am so nervous to get rid of my organizational items. I have no use for them, but because I have never had good organization, I am apprehensive to part with it all.
If you know me, decluttering is a strength of mine (LOL)....so this is unusual for me. I am going to give all of it to a friend tomorrow, so I AM getting rid of it. I am just weird about it.

Anyway, what a day!! I got so much done. It feels great!! I love being productive. Brett was so sweet to entertain the kids all afternoon while I worked.

This is a boring post, but I get energized from productivity!

(We are going to start trying for baby #4 soon, so I wonder if this was my burst of energy before I am unable to do much!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

And Baby Makes 6