PAAARRRRTTTTYYYY

Tonight, Caleb asked Jesus into his heart!!!!!!!!!!!! Even though (I believe) Caleb has loved God for a long time, he made it official tonight.

It was SO cool. I am soooooo excited and happy for him!!!!!!!!! He has been asking a lot of questions and inquiring about spiritual matters.

At bedtime tuck-ins, Caleb and I were talking about the day. As we talked, he said something about following Jesus. We talk about Jesus a lot, but I could feel in my spirit that this time was different.....I just knew this was the time to really talk about Jesus. I asked him if he wanted to pray and ask Jesus to come into his heart. He said that God has always been in his heart. I told him that God loves him so much, but now that he is old enough to know, it is his choice whether or not to ask Jesus into his life.

Even though we've talked about it before, I wanted to be certain he was choosing to do this and not feeling forced into it....so I told him the story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins.

To which he replied, "But, mom, He's not dead. He rose."

I was getting to that :).....but I could tell he understands, as much as a 5 year old can.

I asked him to tell me what we talked about, and he said, "Before God comes in your heart, you have the devil (which I had not actually shared in the conversation) and he is [insert gross sounds and flailing arms]. But then you follow Jesus and you're like (in a sweet voice), "Can I help you with that? Sure. Thank you (acting like he was having a conversation)."

Feeling confident he understands what he is doing, he prayed to follow Jesus.

The first thing he said after his prayer, "We need to share this with the devil."

That is some faith....my 5 year old wants to evangelize the devil!!

We rejoiced together and celebrated!! I told him I would call Daddy to tell him the news, and he said, "No, I want to tell him."

So we got out of bed and called Brett.

Caleb told him, "Daddy, I am a Christian now. My sin is gone. I love Jesus."

It was so awesome. I wish Brett would have been here, but as I said, the moment just felt right. I believe that following Jesus is a lifelong journey, so it's not like Caleb could not have done it tomorrow....but also I wanted to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

So, today, we celebrate!!!! The rebirth of my first born!!!!!! Thank you, Jesus. Thank you so much.

Comments

  1. That's just awesome. I knew just what it was going to be about when I saw the link from FB. Party time indeed! Thank You Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ