I Need Advice

Baby #4 will be debuting in about 6 months. I'm trying to decide on how to set up my kids' rooms in preparation.

Here's the background:
We have four bedrooms. The master bedroom, a bedroom that fictions as the playroom/office, and two kids' rooms. Our house isn't big enough to not have our office/playroom. Plus, we share a wall with that room, and let's be honest...that could be awkward.

Luke and Caleb share a room. Chloe desperately wants to share a room with her new baby :).
The boys' room is much larger (but hers has a walk in closet that she enjoys)....and fits their bunk beds and a crib.

Chloe's room has a queen bed. If we have a girl, my plan is to get her bunk beds and move the crib in with her. I think it'll fit.

If we have a boy, I don't know what to do....so I need your input!

The queen bed makes it so Chloe's room has little floor space, but it is nice for our occasional house guests. Also, keeping the queen saves money since I won't buy a new bedroom set.

But it seems really odd to put 3 kids in one room and Chloe have her own room.

For everyday living, it seems that having more floor space would be more beneficial to Chloe....yet she does enjoy her big bed.

I don't know what to do!! Because if it is a boy, he and Chloe could share for a few years but not forever.

I enjoy redoing rooms, so I would enjoy the process (but not necessarily the $).

What would you do??


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. Hmm it sure would be convenient to have a girl! I don't really have any ideas but wanted to comment. I think you should move out of the master bedroom and put all four kids in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the above suggestion ;) I love thinking about stuff like this. I say boys in one room and Chloe in the other if the new baby is a boy and then if she is a girl maybe buy a basic frame and twin bed and do a creative headboard until the new baby is out of a crib and then you could have saved for a matching set but the mattress and you will already have the mattress and boxsprings for one bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I am like you and would already be thinking this through before finding out the sex. If it's a girl...while the queen is nice... a bunk and a crib is more functional in the long run. So I would probably sell the queen and do a twin bunk on one side and a crib on the other (you know how temporary the crib is so it may be cramped for a bit but it's only temporary). And if it were me I would look to invest in a pullout couch for the office/playroom (if you have room for one) that can function as a spare bed for guests when need be and a couch all other times. If not...forget the guests or just use a blowup mattress if one comes. If it's a boy I don't have an answer for the immediate fix...cramming a newborn in with the other 2 seems crowded until the newborn is sleeping well...BUT in the long run 3 boys sharing a room wouldn't be bad if it's the bigger room...many years down the road you may choose to turn the office into another boy room if you no longer need it as a playroom (if you are in fact having a 3rd boy). But in the meantime I would just wait and see what you've got in that belly :) BTW I love all those built in bunk ideas on pinterest....if my kids ever share a room I will be having my dad build one of those.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

PLEASE READ

And Baby Makes 6