Where I've Been

Earlier this week, Brett and I had the privilege of going to Alabama for a ministry conference. While the conference was great, getting away alone for a few days was what my soul needed (in a big way).

Pregnancy and I aren't super good friends. While I am soooo thankful for my baby boy, I just don't like who I am when I'm pregnant! I'm grouchy and impatient :(.

Getting away with just Brett really realigned my perspective. I realized some major parenting flaws....some negative patterns I started when I was super sick but haven't changed now that I'm feeling decent (I'm still not 100% but I'm definitely way better!!). I'm so glad my kids came home to a new mom!! I'm still pregnant so I'm not my usual self but I am much better than I was!

Being away from home also allowed me to figure out some issues I have with my house. There are a lot of things I would love to do (new kitchen, replace flooring, add crown moulding, etc), but financially, those are many years off!!

But I figured out a few solutions to some hot spots! Our playroom/office is my biggest headache, and I thought of some good ideas on how to better organize it!

I'm often surprised how wonderfully refreshing time away is!! More than probably ever before, this short trip was so good for my soul!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ