Decor

We have lived in our house close to a year. There's still things I want to do around the house (mostly big stuff that will have to wait), but there's a few projects that have been bothering me for awhile.
My Mother's Day gift was to get a few items to spruce up some areas.

This is the first thing I did. This wall has had a few different things on it, but nothing that ever fit.

For some reason, the art is my price range is just blah. If something isn't meaningful, I don't like it. I know a lot of people who have a gift of displaying beautiful art, but it just doesn't work for me.

I love photos, but my living room (where this wall is) doesn't have many photos. Which is why I decided on this inexpensive decor:


Chloe wanting in on the fun:


Canvases can be pricey but I found these at artscow.com for $18/each with free shipping. They come from Hong Kong, but the shipping was crazy fast!
I bought the ribbon to dress them up a bit.
They look better in real life; the picture doesn't do it justice!

I am pleased with the outcome! I purposely got individual photos, so I can add Levi's picture eventually :). I will just rearrange them and add his.

I also bought a small table for my entryway but it hasn't been delivered yet! I bought it online so I'm hoping I like it! Overstock.com has such great prices....the table I got is cheaper than Goodwill! And it's way nicer and new!!

Like most any house, it's a work in progress. While most of my desired projects are way too costly, I am content and so thankful for my home. I absolutely love my house! The needed updates don't consume me (I do enjoy dreaming about them but am not discontent).

After having rented in a home that didn't fit our family, I am very thankful for a home I love!!! We plan to be here long term, and I am very excited about that!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ