It's Closing In

In just 3.5 short weeks, I get to meet my newest son!!! I get to see the sweetness of what has been growing inside of me for 9 months! I wonder what he will look like, what his personality will be, and what kind of baby he will be! All of my kids have been unique and awesome, so I fully expect that this time around.

Levi will be sharing a room with Chloe, so I do not have an official nursery. All of my babies have had their own nursery (Luke only had one for four months), and setting it up made the baby's arrival feel very real.

I have Levi's clothes, sheets, and other stuff washed and ready...but we are waiting to set up the crib. Because of that, it doesn't feel like his birth is as close as it is!

I'm so excited to meet my boy, but I'm also excited to never be pregnant again.

I know there's a part of me that will miss feeling kicks in my belly. And a huge part of me that will miss never holding my new baby for the first time.
But I seriously doubt there's any part of me that will miss pregnancy!

All of my pregnancies have been hard, but this takes the cake. Having older kids, the heat of south Florida, and just doing it four times in 6+ years all make for an ugly combination.

At this point in life, I'm surviving. Each day feels like an eternity. It hurts to sit. It hurts to stand. It hurts to walk. It hurts to lay down. I'm not sleeping well at all. I'm not very kind or patient. I pee every 4 minutes.

While I'm still so thankful for this sweet baby, I'm having a hard time finding joy. I want to savor every moment, knowing it is the last time I'll ever do this. I want to believe people when they say it's easier to have the baby in you than out (I find that to be untrue).

But I'm getting by. And, I realize that's ok! Not everything in life is rosy. This is a test of endurance. I am thankful to say the endurance race will end in just a few weeks!!

And I will get to meet my amazing baby and hold him tight!!!!!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. couldn't agree more! so excited to see him and so happy for you to be able to be done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I just love your transparency about pregnancy. I agree that it's so much better having the baby outside than in--even with colic! I'm still pretty traumatized by my experience, but knowing you've done it four times is highly encouraging. I'm so excited for you to be done with this season and to smother that sweet baby with love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ