Kitchen

I have struggled to find something to decorate my kitchen with. I have been looking for months to find something I like, but the perfect item eluded me.
One night, I was just brainstorming cooking, kitchen decor, etc. It dawned on me that my grandma (on my mom's side) was an amazing cook.
I called my mom and asked her if she had any recipes of my grandma's that I could have. The next time she came to the Keys, she brought me a stack of them.
They were SO much cooler than I anticipated. I assumed my grandma would have perfectly written recipe cards (I remember her house always being very nice and clean). Instead, most were written on scraps of paper...bank deposit slips, spelling words, mail, etc.
I know my grandma would never have thought I would find such joy in the scraps of paper.
It was such a great realization that the everyday ordinary happenings of life are what's most treasured in the end. (It also made me sad that we are quickly moving to an electronic life; there's no memory in that.)
While I wish I would have found more ornate frames, I got cheapish ones and spray painted them. They match my kitchen well.





I also scanned them into a photo book to give to family members. I think they really liked it. The entire project only took one evening, and I absolutely love it!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ