Life Gets In The Way

Someone around the blogosphere is hosting an event where you write about something for 31 days in the month of October.  I had really good intentions to write about 31 things I have learned since having children.  We are only three days in, and life just keeps getting in the way of me writing this life-changing serious (I kid...about the life-changing part).  I decided to paint my kitchen (technically, that was in September).  Then I decided to makeover our office.  Then I had a ministry newsletter to write.  Oh yeah, I also have these four children who have needs and wants (and are much cuter than a computer screen).

I realized I am not in a season of life where I have time to think about deep things.  It takes all I have to stay afloat right now.  People, you should see my laundry.  Laundry for six people is not for the faint of heart.  And the minions are messy.  I still hate to cook.  Especially for children who think everything I make is the most disgusting thing on the planet ever.  I mean, Caleb does not like melted cheese because it has "stringers"....who doesn't like cheese??

Anyway, I have learned a lot in my 6.5 years of motherhood.  I know I have TONS more to learn.  I thought the series would be fun and also remind me of where I was at this point in my life.  I am sure I will laugh at my "wisdom" in a few years.  But that's what I love about life: I am not where I used to be and I am not where I am going to be.  (That's about as deep as I can get right now, ok!?)

I will probably still write the series....just at a random pace....that, in itself, is a great memory of where I am right now.  I have the capacity to paint two entire rooms by myself, but I cannot sit down long enough to ponder my life these last few years.  Because if I sit down, I fall asleep.  Painting is mindless and actually gives good time to think/pray.  It is also something that I complete.  I can see the finished product.  So much of my life is an unfinished project, so it's nice to have something that's complete (for now, haha).

So stay tuned for my "series"....whenever that will happen :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ