Homeschool Room

I do not have a picture of the "before" homeschool room.  But just picture an ugly folding table with folding chairs.  Plus the desk (which was not ugly) that you can see in the background of the Christmas pictures.

In thinking through the functionality of our house, I knew that making our front living room a homeschool room would be a huge benefit.  Having everything centrally located would be nice.  Not having to use our kitchen table that is sticky 90% of the time was an added benefit.  I realized about a week into homeschooling that our previous homeschool room/office was not going to work.  All of the kids crammed into a small bedroom-turned-office-homeschool-room made me claustrophobic.  When it was just Caleb, we would do his work on the couch.  This year, though, I needed a more efficient solution.

Our now homeschool room is right when you walk in the front door.  It was very hard for me to transform this space into a kid area, as it is the first thing you see when you walk in (the upside is that the furniture in there was not great, so it was not a huge leap to transform it).  However, as I said, I knew it would be best.  Our house is not super big, and it is one level....so we very much live in every square foot of our house.  While our house will never "wow" our friends, it functions very well for our family.  It took me a little while to adjust to Florida living, especially in regards to everything being beautiful.  Don't get me wrong, I am not a great decorator, so my house isn't magazine worthy, regardless, but something about a kids room in the entry way just unnerves me a bit.

Anyway, back to my point....to test out the functionality, I used a random folding table we had in our garage.  Realizing how well it worked, I wanted something permanent.  This Christmas, we were blessed with enough gift cards and cash to be able to purchase it!!  I am very happy with the results.  I only took a couple of pictures.  What you can't see....there is a dry erase board hanging on the wall and two big chaise lounges that are perfect for reading.


Photobucket

You can kind of see the chaises here (ignore the Christmas cards still on display when I took the picture a few days ago)
Photobucket

Hopefully, I will get more close ups soon. This post gave me the inspiration.  Her room is way cuter, but I have a limit on how school-ish mine can look at the moment.  I am sure this will evolve, but for now, this is as much as I can handle :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ