- I am not sure there is anyone who, when I say I am done having kids, believes me. It is the strangest thing....even strangers will say, "You aren't done; you probably just need a break." I am not sure why people don't believe me. While I am open to anything God wants to do, I truly feel like I am done birthing babies. Chloe drew a picture of me today and put a baby in my belly. Caleb talks about his next sibling as if it's a guarantee.
- Never having morning sickness (read: all day pukes for 4+ months) is something I am VERY thankful for (how did I survive it, I will never know)
- Never feeling a baby kicking in my belly again is kinda sad
- My pregnancies were hard and long, but now I can barely remember being pregnant (except knowing how awful it was)
- I REALLY liked "eating for two" (even though you aren't supposed to, I did anyway....when in life will I ever have license to eat as much as I want again?)
- Before I was done having kids, when I saw pregnant women, I would get warm fuzzies in my heart. Now when I see pregnant women, I think, "Thank you, Lord, that I never have to do that again." I think that's when you know you're done ;)
- It makes me sad that I will never have to peruse the baby aisle at Target (for myself)
- I used to keep a stock of pregnant tests "just in case". I will probably keep a few around "just in case", haha
- I gained 200 pounds and lost 190 pounds in 6+ years. That's pretty impressive (sad but impressive)
- I will probably now treat my OBGYN like I treat my dentist. Someone I visit like once every 3 years (don't judge)
I have other thoughts about pregnancy, but it is 1:03 am....and my kids will be up in no time.
To end, I will share a funny story. I was telling Brett today about how it's weird that no one believes me that I am done having kids (as I mentioned at the beginning of this post). He said, "I will make you a deal. You have a 5th baby, and you can have any plastic surgery you want."
I laughed so hard. My reason for not wanting a 5th is not vanity, but I guess I have been a little vocal about how my body has changed :). I have given away all of my maternity clothes. I decided that, if I were to have a 5th baby, the least I could do is be able to look cute :).