Twenty Minutes To Final

In 22 minutes, my 31 day writing challenge ends.

I've already written a recap of what it has meant to me, but to finish up, I just want to thank everyone who has followed along.

While it probably doesn't seem like it to anyone else, it took a lot for me to write for 31 days straight.  I enjoy writing, but it does not come naturally.  It was a worthwhile journey to really explore some topics that have been on my mind for awhile.

But the absolute BEST part of this whole thing (once again, I act like I am Michael Jordan retiring from basketball.....this is just not even this serious) is interacting with you.  I realllllly appreciate the comments, feedback, camaraderie, and shares/retweets.  It has meant SO much to me.

Something I already knew but has majorly been confirmed through this challenge is that I prefer life to take place in my everyday context.  Sitting at my computer to write was a good discipline for me, but it definitely did not bring me the same joy as the interactions that resulted.

I've said this a million times, but I am very extroverted.  So learning to sit and reflect was great, but it definitely does not fill me.....it actually drains me.

This challenge was just to see if I could do it, and I did it (with ten minutes to spare).  But I definitely am glad it's over.

I will continue to post on my blog, as I have in the past.  When the mood strikes, I will write something I feel needs to be said.  I am still working out this tension in my life.  I feel like all the words and ideas that need to be said have already been said......there is just so much literature out there......yet I know God has written my story to be significant and to matter (to someone).

Once again, I am still trying to process a lot of stuff.  I feel both challenged and content.  Writing this month, as usual, was probably the hardest month to write.  I never travel, and I traveled twice.  A close friend has moved.  Two friends of friends have passed away (this has never happened to me, and I hope it never does again).  My kids were involved in sports.  We made a huge transition in our business (for the better).

It's just been a crazy month.  So in addition to the writing challenge, I had to face a lot of hard stuff.  So much has happened that it will take me awhile to unpack it all, mentally and emotionally.

I am excited to take a break from blogging and yet I am excited to see what comes from this experience.

Thank you so very much for being a part of my journey.  I have thoroughly enjoyed you being a part and am so grateful for your love and encouragement.  You all make me feel so good, and I can't help but think I am the most fortunate person alive for how wonderful my friends are.

Thank you.  I look forward to connecting in the future.

Much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ