My sweet friend, Jennifer, at Grace Glimmers nominated me for the Liebster Award.....showing some blog love. Thanks, Jen!!
It is Monday morning, and I have a full day ahead....so I will write 5 random things about myself....and nominate friends later (if I remember, haha).
Five Random Factoids:
1. I can walk on my hands. At our CrossFit gym, I can walk on my hands farther than most any member...and I am one of the oldest members with definitely the most kids....so this always catches people off-guard. I've been able to walk on my hands for as long as I can remember.
2. I don't drink coffee, but I love Diet Coke. In Kansas, all of my friends drank soda....but I have met hardly anyone in Florida that drinks it. I know it's not the best thing, but it's my one thing. I eat healthy and exercise, so it's my splurge. And I enjoy it. I love the smell of coffee....I don't like milk, though, so I think that's the only way to make it taste ok.
3. I love checking the mail. I rarely get anything besides junk mail (most of my bills are paperless), but I still check it with hopeful anticipation everyday. It's so weird of me. Every once in awhile, there is something fun, and I get really excited!!
4. I am obsessed with television but not in a love watching shows sort of way. When I am watching a show, I think about everything that happens behind the scenes.....how they film the show, what relationships are like among the cast, what kind of food they eat on set, if they feel tired or sick while filming, etc.
TV is so fascinating to me. It captures and captivates us....and makes us feel like we are a part of it....yet it is all fake. So I am so curious how it has this power. I love watching TV (but hardly ever watch movies....I can't sit still long enough). My favorite shows: Modern Family, The Middle, The Biggest Loser, Blackish, Key and Peele, Selfie, and Marry Me.
5. I cannot be ordinary. Most people seem so content with the American dream (a beautiful house, 2 kids, and a steady income)....and I definitely know why that's appealing, but the dreams I have for my life do not fit that mold. Though I am a stay at home mom now with not a lot going on, I know my life will not be normal. I think we will live abroad at some point (Africa would be my top choice). Who knows how many kids we will end up with (I really hope God's plan is for me to be done having them....so I am talking about adoption)?! Brett is a dreamer/entrepreneur and I have an adventurous spirit.....so the combination means we just can't be normal. We are so content but with an openness to wherever God may lead.