When traveling, I always feel this (unnecessary) desire to completely catch up on my life. Before any trip, I exhaust myself with the most pointless tasks that I feel like much be accomplished before leaving. I LOVE leaving with nothing on my to-do list! And it's wonderful coming home to a reasonably put together life.
Today, in preparation for my trip, I did the following:
- laundered every dirty item
- used up as much food as possible
- finished creating CDs of our home videos (I had four hours of Chloe making videos on her own....playing with her toys, making videos for her fictitious YouTube channel, doing gymnastics, etc)
- set parental controls on all of our electronics (this needed to be done for awhile now)
- cleaned my entire house
- downloaded ebooks for Caleb to read on the plane
- paid bills and balanced checking accounts
- got my mail held
- cleaned out my car
- returned clothing items that didn't fit
- touch up painted my homeschool room (that was one of those "if you give a mouse a cookie" chores)
- went on a date with Brett because we had a gift card to use
- packed for my trip (that was necessary)
I have no idea why, but I love accomplishing all of this before I leave!