Family Update

Whew. Summer has been...summer.
I usually LOVE summer, but this one was not my favorite.

It started out fun...we were taking full advantage of all the free summer programs (bowling, movies, library classes)...and then I got sick. And stayed sick for a month.

I rarely get sick, so this was weird. Besides the initial sickness (stomach bug), it wasn't enough to take me out...just enough to make me feel tired all of the time.

As soon as I got over being sick, the heat became unbearable. Days spent inside turned into lots of mess and lots of fighting amongst kids.

The summer wasn't awful. It was just blah.

And I am glad it's ending.

I haven't prepared much for school, so I am a bit overwhelmed thinking about that...but once I spend a few hours today on that, I will be fine.

Getting back into a routine...with fun activities...school...a better sleeping schedule...I am ready for it! I am mostly ready for a break in the weather so we can play outside again!!

Now that I've sounded very depressing, life is actually fine. I have a major case of the blahs, but I know I am a better person when life is predictable and full.

I am looking forward to the Fall.

This will be the first year I am homeschooling three kids, so that will be interesting! I am finally confident about my ability to homeschool, so I hope it's a fun year!

Sports are back, and I love watching my kids in sports. Caleb is playing flag football, Luke t-ball, and Chloe rhythmic gymnastics. I love scheduled activities that get us out of the house and active.

All of my kids are doing awesome. They're super fun and get more fun by the day. Levi is potty trained, so we are in a new season of freedom! I thought I would mourn leaving the baby/toddler stage...but it is so great! I LOVED the early years, and I am LOVING the middle years. Everything is easier now. I am more taxed with words and teaching/correcting, but that is so my jam. Missing sleep and being needed alllllll of the time is not so much my jam, haha.

I am excited to spend today cleaning my school room and getting ready for Monday!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ