Conversation with Caleb

Me to Caleb: You are such an awesome kid.

Caleb: I am.

Me: Was that a statement or a question?

Before he can answer...

Me: Was that declarative or interrogative?

C: Mom, please don't.

Me: I am your mom and your teacher.

C: You are my mom and a non-avid book reader.

Me: {puzzled by this observation}

C: Mom, I read your blog books. I first started reading because I was curious what you wrote, but once I started it was...(breaking out into song)...A WHOLE NEW WORLD! Now I know everything about you.


You all know I write a public blog, but I also have a private blog where I record my family's history (funny things they say, pictures, etc). Before I wrote publicly, I would write on my personal blog to no one but myself. I print it off each year...expecting my kids to enjoy it when they're grown...not to use it against me while they're still little.

This kid and his wit are my favorite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chloe's Party Planning

Women Are Powerful

PLEASE READ